About Me

Good-day my name is Charles Robert Darwin. I was born on February 12, 1809 in Shrewsbury, England. I`v come from a long line of scientists my father Dr. R.W. Darwin was a medical doctor and my grandfather Dr.Erasmus was a renowned botanist. In my childhood I loved to explore nature hence why I became a naturalist. In October 1825, at age 16, I enrolled at Edinburgh University along with my brother Erasmus. Two years later I went to Christ College in Cambridge to study natural history. My father wanted me to follow in his footsteps and become a medical doctor but the sight of blood made me sick. When I was in college I became good friends with my professor John Stevens Henslow which became my mentor later down the line. I graduated Christ College in 1831 with a bachelors of arts degree. I have a wife (Emma Darwin) and 10 beautiful children (George, Francis, Etty, Horace, Leonard, Charles Warning, William Erasmus, Mary Eleanor, Elizabeth Darwin).

No comments:

Post a Comment