The H.M.S. Beagle


The H.M.S. Beagle, which set sail from Plymouth Sound on December 27 ,1831 under the command of Captain Robert FitzRoy, R.N.. While the expedition was originally planned to last two years, it lasted almost five years—the Beagle did not return until October 2, 1836. I spent most of this time exploring on land and  at sea. The Beagle surveyed the coast of South America leaving me free to explore continent and its islands including the Galapagos . I explored the Cape Verde Islands, next in February of 1832 we crossed the equator then, Salvador ,Brazil, Punta Alta & Tierra del Fuego Argentina, The Franklin Islands, Rio Negro Argentina, Chiloe Islands, The Galapagos Islands, Sydney Australia, Keeling Islands, Mauritius, Cape Town South Africa, Bahia and Pernambuco South America  and finally we make it back home to Falmouth England. So basically that voyage was not for the faint of heart when it comes to the sea. I mean I was queasy
 my first few months but I was willing to take it for the thrill of finding something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment